I was going through my old journals and I found this. It was written in June of 2001, by a then seventeen year old me.
I took the liberty of editing some of it simply because it was a bit bloated.
A Recipe for a Work of Art
- First and last parts inspiration
- Enumerable cups of fortitude and determination
- 3 tablespoons of compassion (a little goes a long way)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of love (again, a little goes a long way)
- Several cups of frustration
- 1/4 teaspoon doubt (more will ruin the batch)
- Many MANY cups of discipline
- A gentle sprinkle of laughter, joy, tears, etc.
- Mix well in a bowl while dancing or singing (whistling or humming works as well).
- Perspire freely into the bowl until your creation begins to solidify.
- Remove from bowl and knead with learning, choice, and care.
- Preheat the oven by means of patience and bake your creation for as long as necessary.
- Consume your creation in the same manner, dividing it up for many or few or none at all. Any way you desire, always keep a portion to nourish yourself whilest you begin your next creation.