So I am working on the fourth draft of my novella, Bloom. I am discovering a number of things about the project and earlier drafts.
I was tagged on Facebook to list five things about my work in progress. I am on vacation from my novella and working instead on rewriting a short story. So here goes with facts about the short story:
1. The protagonist is a feral child (though, he’s not really a child), literally raised by wolves.
2. I have mentally cast Oscar Isaac in the role of the secondary protagonist, who develops a relationship with the protagonist. Isaac would be perfect for the role, you can’t convince me otherwise.
3. I think of “Wolves” by Selena Gomez as the current theme song for the project.
4. The secondary protagonist plays folk music on a guitar as a hobby. He loves Cat Stevens especially.
5. My protagonist likes to play with tin cans. They are shiny.
Nothing much to report, except that I have a little earworm which has been tunneling it’s way through my brain over the last few days. I listen to it on repeat when I write, when I go to the store, when I take breaks . . . you get the idea. The song is “GOOD” by Erin McCarley, and you can listen to it here:
What sorts of earworms have you had? Tell me in the comments.
Smol but resilient.
Me: What a nice relationship and life you have there.
My Character: Yes. 🙂
Me: Wouldn’t it be a shame if —
My Character: No.
Me: I fucked you up next chapter.
My Character: 😥