- “The Greek Boy”: Of Lord Byron and love at the end of his life. Bosie Magazine: Issue One, January 2018.
- “Maddeningly Wonderful”: “With great ass comes great responsibility, a friend of his once intoned, but he’d never given a shit about the responsibility part.” His Aura, September 2017.
- “A Honeycomb of Nerves”: “His fingers, slick and hot inside me.” His Aura, September 2017.
- “The Blind Tattooist”: “She named herself ‘Lucky’, because that’s what the men with the pipes had said.” |tap|, June 2017.
- “Like Dying”: A man recalls a childhood incident. US Represented, March 2015.
- “They Are Life”: A fearless woman and the power of language. US Represented, March 2015.
- “Nothing Beyond This”: Love in the frozen north. US Represented, October 2013.
- “Man To Man”: Two ranch hands and the promise of sex. Cactus Heart Issue # 1, May 2012.
- “The Racehorse”: A race against place and time. Copperfield Review, Spring 2011.
- “Knot”: A child survives the death of his mother. Pieces on Paper, 2009.
- “Malcolm”: A young man mourns his father. University of East Anglia Graduate Anthology, 2008.
- “Dichotomous: An Answer in Two Parts”: On teaching and writing, and the dangers which lie between. Réarrange, Spring 2012.
- “Nallyren”: A meditation on bisexuality. University of Colorado Honors Journal, 2004.
- “Memory in the Sands”, “Moon-Wolf”, and “Psalm for the Airline Stewardess”: A small collection of poems. Women and the Art of Experience Art Exhibit, University of Colorado, 2003.
- Rex: An English innkeeper tries to deceive tourists concerning the site of King Arthur’s grave, with humorous results. Young Playwright’s Workshop, Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Spring 2000.
Fellowships and Awards
- Lambda Literary Fellow for the Emerging Writers Retreat, August 2013.
Meditations on the Writing Process