- “The Greek Boy”: Of Lord Byron and love at the end of his life. Bosie Magazine, forthcoming.
- “Maddeningly Wonderful”: “With great ass comes great responsibility, a friend of his once intoned, but he’d never given a shit about the responsibility part.” His Aura, September 2017.
- “A Honeycomb of Nerves”: “His fingers, slick and hot inside me.” His Aura, September 2017.
- “The Blind Tattooist”: “She named herself ‘Lucky’, because that’s what the men with the pipes had said.” |tap|, June 2017.
- “Like Dying”: A man recalls a childhood incident. US Represented, March 2015.
- “They Are Life”: A fearless woman and the power of language. US Represented, March 2015.
- “Nothing Beyond This”: Love in the frozen north. US Represented, October 2013.
- “Man To Man”: Two ranch hands and the promise of sex. Cactus Heart Issue # 1, May 2012.
- “The Racehorse”: A race against place and time. Copperfield Review, Spring 2011.
- “Knot”: A child survives the death of his mother. Pieces on Paper, 2009.
- “Malcolm”: A young man mourns his father. University of East Anglia Graduate Anthology, 2008.
- “Dichotomous: An Answer in Two Parts”: On teaching and writing, and the dangers which lie between. Réarrange, Spring 2012.
- “Nallyren”: A meditation on bisexuality. University of Colorado Honors Journal, 2004.
- “Memory in the Sands”, “Moon-Wolf”, and “Psalm for the Airline Stewardess”: A small collection of poems. Women and the Art of Experience Art Exhibit, University of Colorado, 2003.
- Rex: An English innkeeper tries to deceive tourists concerning the site of King Arthur’s grave, with humorous results. Young Playwright’s Workshop, Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Spring 2000.
Fellowships and Awards
Meditations on the Writing Process